You can submit an application to as many Colonies as you’d like. When your name comes closer to the top of the list, we will call you for an interview. At that time, we will require the following documentation:
- A copy of your social security card
- A copy of your birth certificate
- Proof of all sources and amounts of income (pension letter, social security letter, etc.)
- Documentation of all your assets and income they generate (bank accounts, IRAs, etc.)
At Colony II we have units with three different subsidy structures:
- We have units with a project based Section 8 subsidy administered by Colony for which the income limit is 50% of AMI (see FAQs page for up to date amounts).
- We have units with a project based Section 8 subsidy administered by the Worcester Housing Authority for which the income limit is 80% of AMI. Applicants should call Worcester Housing Authority at 508-635-3000 and ask for the application for the elderly only project based list.
- We have unsubsidized units. Currently, we limit income to 80% of AMI and set the rent at a level “affordable” to households in this category.
You may be eligible to apply for more than one subsidy structure. Please call the site manager and ask about your particular situation.